Our population includes Indigenous Peoples who have lived here for thousands of years and people from around the world who immigrated here.
At 企鹅电竞查询v6.9 安卓版, we warmly welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs. And we work together to create an equitable, diverse and inclusive community .
Getting to know each other
We hope your time on Canada's stunning west coast is a learning experience like no other.
We hope you have the opportunity to share your own beliefs and experiences, and to challenge your new community to grow and learn.
You'll find a supportive network at 企鹅电竞查询v6.9 安卓版 University to help.
Like every country, Canadian mannerisms and way of being might be different from others.
Although everyone is unique, here are a few general tips:
- All genders are considered equal in work and life.
- Canada was one of the first countries in the world to legalize same-sex marriage and the law protects the rights of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
- Interactions between people are often informal but respectful. That can mean listening when someone is talking, showing kindness, and helping out if you can.
- The Canadian version of being polite is making eye contact, smiling, saying please and thank you (and sorry , sometimes a lot), letting others pass in front of us, waiting in line patiently, and holding the door for people.
- It's unacceptable to make jokes or comments that insult someone's race, religion, gender, ability or appearance.
- It can be considered impolite to ask someone you do not know well about personal information like age, salary, marital status, relationships and the cost of personal items.
- Although there are two official languages, English and French, you'll hear a lot of languages spoken.