Ten steps to begin your life-changing journey
We can’t wait to meet you. Here’s how to make it happen.
- Decide which graduate, undergraduate, certificate or diploma program you want to apply for, and find out when its application deadline is.
- Review the program admission and application requirements on the program's page.
- Prepare your supporting documents . For example, you might need to order transcripts, get international credential evaluations, write your personal statement or ask people to write reference letters.
- Fill in your online application form. You don’t have to finish your application form all at once. Just make sure you save your progress.
- Submit your online form as early as you can, and pay your nonrefundable application fee .
- Submit your supporting documents as soon as possible.
- You can check the status of your application online to see how it's progressing.
- You'll receive an admissions decision.
- Once you have accepted a spot in a program, you will need to pay a tuition deposit .
- Mark your first day of classes on the calendar — your life-changing journey just became real!
If you are an international student
There are six more important steps you'll need to follow.
- Check your program’s application deadline.
- Visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website to find out how long it currently takes to process study permit applications.
- Begin your application process at least six months before the program's start date, or longer if application process times are greater than six months.
- Apply for a study permit once you've been accepted into your program.
- If you have completed post-secondary education outside of Canada, you must also get an international credential evaluation .
- Submit your application at least six months before your program’s start date to make sure you have enough time to receive your CIC Letter of Acceptance.