Launch your career
Build on the learning you've done in the classroom by completing an internship and bridge your education to a career. Internships are featured in both our graduate and undergraduate programs. If you choose to join us in our undergraduate programs you will get the opportunity to complete a mandatory internship so that you gain the practical experience to to grow your career. Graduate students have the option of taking an internship as an elective in your program.
Internships last four months long and often happen over the busy spring and summer months when tourism and hospitality employers are hiring. Many of our students choose to complete their internships at the end of their program which allows them to remain working with their company after they have graduated.
You will receive support from our Career Learning and Development office, our instructors and your host employer throughout your internship journey to lead you to your success in your chosen path. Through our career development curriculum in your program, you will gain the skills to build your network and allow you to seek out internship opportunities in areas that interest you. If you are adventurous, you can even choose to do your final internship anywhere in the world!.
Employers gain professionalism, commitment and fresh insights from students like you, who have come straight to them from a rigorous hospitality or tourism degree.
"My internship experience has been – and continues to be – incredibly challenging, rewarding, and fulfilling. I look back at the past few months in awe at how much I’ve learned and how far I’ve come in such a short time, and look forward to all this job and industry have to offer me in the future."
- Heather Clayton, The Sheraton Grand, Edinburgh
"This was a fantastic learning experience and a great way for me to complete my degree. It has allowed me to propel myself to the next stage of my career as I look to advance in the industry."
- Brandon Petraroia, Westin Bear Mountain Resort and Spa, Victoria
Internship hosts include:
- Destination Greater Victoria
- Malahat Skywalk - Malahat, BC
- Flight Centre
- Sandspit Community Services - Sandspit, BC
- Delta Hotels and Resorts - Kananaskis
- Fairmont Hotels and Resorts – Banff, Victoria, Toronto, Vancouver, London
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts - Whistler, Hampshire
- Hotel Le Germain, Calgary
- Shangri-La - Vancouver, Toronto and Singapore
- The Magnolia Hotel and Spa – Victoria
- Sheraton Grand – Edinburgh, Scotland
- Sukhothai Bangkok, Thailand
- W Taipei, Taiwan