The President’s Steering Committee on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion advises the president and involves members of 企鹅电竞查询v6.9 安卓版 University's student body, faculty, associate faculty, staff and executive to support the advancement of equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives at RRU.
The steering committee creates accountability to help eliminate systemic barriers that impede the career advancement, recruitment and retention of underrepresented groups at RRU — both within and beyond the research enterprise.
The group guides the work of staff members in their activities to:
- advance EDI
- discuss and understand the findings of data gathered
- develop and execute an EDI plan and specific recommendations for RRU
With representation from 企鹅电竞查询v6.9 安卓版' students, staff, faculty and executive, the committee ensures that there are champions for new EDI training, policies, and procedures at all levels of the university.
The work overseen by the committee will be used to revise and expand the existing EDI Action Plan for the Canada Research Chairs Program, while developing and supporting our institutional understanding of EDI and expertise in it.
The purpose of the committee is threefold:
- to ensure that RRU advances a culture of inclusion in the research enterprise and beyond
- to integrate EDI into practice and policy development
- to improve the institution’s EDI standing to attract and retain talented, engaged employees and students
The following are the strategic priorities of the steering committee:
- assess the current environment at RRU as it relates to EDI
- review and enact policies, procedures and training for EDI compatibility, development and potential updates
- assess strategies for the development of EDI in the research enterprise and beyond
- ensure alignment between best practices and the strategic direction of the institution
The steering committee represents the cross-departmental interests of the university. The PSC, chaired by the president, shall assist with the fulfillment of specific responsibilities and duties assigned.
The PSC shall act in advisory capacity, recommending decisions to the executive. Decisions will be made by quorum. A member of Research Services shall act as secretary to the PSC.
Read the committee's terms of reference.
The 2019–21 representatives on the committee include the following (alphabetical by role):
- Associate Director, Human Resources — Lisa Robinson
- Associate Vice President Human Resources — Terrie Klotz
- Director, Research Services —Deborah Zornes
- Diversity Action Group representative — Donneil McNab
- Faculty Representative: College of Interdisciplinary Studies — Runa Das
- Faculty Representative: Faculty of Management — Frances Jørgensen
- Faculty Representative: Faculty of Management — Ajnesh Prasad
- Faculty Representative: Faculty of Social and Applied Sciences — Frederic Fovet
- Faculty Representative: Faculty of Social and Applied Sciences — Wanda Krause
- Faculty Representative: Faculty of Social and Applied Sciences —Athena Madan
- Human Resources representative — Pamela MacIntosh-Snell
- Human Resources representative — Alejandro Campos-Garcia
- Indigenous Education and Student Services representative — Russ Johnson
- Manager, Indigenous Engagement — Asma-na-hi Antoine
- President and Vice-Chancellor — Philip Steenkamp
- Research Services — Gwen Hill
- Secretary: Research Services — Tabitha Rutherford
- Student Representative — Tutchone Dunfield
- Vice President Research and International — Pedro Marquez
- Vice President Communications and Advancement — Susan Gee
- Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer — Cheryl Eason
Representatives from Communications and Marketing departments may be invited to attend meetings to help them to represent the interests of the committee and EDI at 企鹅电竞查询v6.9 安卓版 in their work.
Terms of reference
Read the terms of reference for the committee.
Anti-Racism Task Force
Learn about the Anti-Racism Task Force , a subcommittee convened to create the university's Anti-Racism Action Plan.