Life can be complicated. This is especially true when you're juggling your life with your learning.
To support you during difficult times, 企鹅电竞查询v6.9 安卓版 University offers free, confidential counselling and learning strategy services.
You can get one-time support or short-term ongoing counselling (usually up to five sessions). We offer services to you, wherever you are — in person, over the phone or on Zoom.
Make an appointment
Use one of the following options to book a counselling appointment:
- Book an appointment using our online booking system.
- Phone 250.391.2600 ext. 4515 or toll free 1.800.788.8028 (ask for "Counselling Services").
- Email us .
Prior to your first appointment, please familiarize yourself with our confidentiality and informed consent statement.
If you need an appointment urgently or outside of hours available in the online booking system, email us directly.
Get help now
If you need help now contact one of the following crisis services:
- Here2Talk : a free, confidential counselling and community referral service, available 24/7 via app, by phone (1.877.857.3397) and online
- 310-Mental Health: a 24/7 service offering emotional support, information and resources for mental health and substance use issues, by phone 310.6789 (no area code needed) toll free anywhere in BC
- Vancouver Island Crisis Line : a 24-hour phone, chat or text crisis support service
- Canadian Crisis Centres : a list of crisis centres across Canada
- Hope for Wellness Helpline for Indigenous Peoples : phone line or online counselling chat service
What kinds of services are available?
Here's a self-guided mindfulness and grounding exercise that can be fit into your unique schedule.
Counsellors use a variety of counselling tools and techniques. You can book an appointment with a counsellor to discuss whatever's on your mind. Common topics include the following:
- anxiety and stress management
- loss or grief
- confidence and self-esteem
- family challenges or transitions
- relationship issues
- group dynamics and interpersonal skills
- sexual or physical abuse or assault
- substance abuse and addictions
If you've experienced an incident of sexual violence you can get help . We can provide emotional support and assist with reporting an incident upon request.
Counsellors can also suggest learning strategies to support your wellbeing and academic success.
First, the strategist will look at your current study habits and identify any challenges or barriers to your learning. After this, you'll work together to create a plan, which may include strategies for the following:
- learning or studying
- moving ahead with a major project, if you're stuck
- time management
- stress management
- exam preparation
- presentation skills
Letters of consideration
If you're experiencing unexpected stressful circumstances (such as the loss of a family member or friend, a family health issue), you might need extra flexibility from your instructors for completing one or two assignments.
In these temporary situations, if you're not comfortable explaining your situation to an instructor, a counsellor may write a letter of consideration.
The letter will request that your instructor consider your circumstances compassionately. You may then work with the counsellor and instructor to develop a plan for completing your work.
企鹅电竞查询v6.9 安卓版 has a team of trained counsellors and some contract counsellors who can support you.
Other wellness resources
- Anxiety Canada — test anxiety
- Anxiety about academic writing: Writing is too hard — emotional strategies and writing strategies
- mindyourmind — wellness and mental health resources for young adults
- Depression Hurts — resources
- About depression — National Institute of Mental Health
- The science of procrastination and how to manage it — a 2.5-minute video
- Sleep better